Guide to installing a dual dash camera wired into the car with properly concealed cabling, no permanent mods to the factory electrics, and auto drive/park switching with ignition.
This video covers a dual-circuit install with a "3-wire" power supply that taps into a permanent-live feed as well as an ACC or ignition switched feed, so the camera knows whether the car is parked or driving. It also incorporates a power saver to prevent the camera flattening the car battery when parked.
The dash cam featured is a Viofo A129 Duo.
Amazon US ~
A129 Duo: https://amzn.to/31rfuRN
Hardwire/parking kit: https://amzn.to/2yKsp54
Viofo store for other kits and accessories: https://amzn.to/31rs1EL
Amazon UK ~
A129 Duo: https://amzn.to/2KocpfG
Hardwire/parking kit: https://amzn.to/2YUeEeH
Viofo store for other kits and accessories: https://amzn.to/2KnQ8OU
Viofo website: https://www.viofo.com/en/home/79-72-a129-duo-dual-channel-5ghz-wi-fi-full-hd-dash-camera.html
You can obviously do the wiring any way you like. The method shown uses fuse taps and a hardwired Viofo power supply and battery saver box. You will need:
* Dual dash cam with 3-wire power functionality, see above. (A simple USB powered camera cannot give you a true parking mode!)
* Cabling to suit.
* Power supply to suit camera, and battery saver box to kill power below set voltage. Shown is all-in-one to suit the Viofo camera but generic voltage cut-off can be done separately, e.g. Amazon links ~
US: https://amzn.to/2N5t8G9 | UK: https://amzn.to/2KHC3uA
* Fuse taps, make sure you get the right size. Amazon links ~
US: http://amzn.to/2j0Stko | UK: http://amzn.to/2o3nGZC
* Additional fuses to suit, 5 amps is about right.
* Other wiring and crimps or solder as required.
* Tools to get behind trim. Socket or spanner to work nuts/bolts for ground terminal.
(Using the above links helps supports my channel and is appreciated!)
How To: Hardwire Install A Dash Cam Front + Rear With Parking Mode