There are a million things to do in Kyoto, but these were my personal favorites from my time in the most historical city in Japan.
Here are my 10 best things to do in Kyoto:
** The most important advice I can give is to wake up as early as possible, I mean super early.
1. Rent a bike - this is the best way to beat the tourist traffic in Kyoto.
2. Bamboo Forest - Small forest in the neighboring area of Arashiyama.
3. Fushimi Inari Shrine - It is literally a mountain of hidden shrines, symbolic figurines and a seemingly never-ending pathway to spiritual enlightenment.
4. Ninja Dojo Class - Kyoto is the cultural mecca of Japan, and while you’re here its good to get a taste of that - be it fact or folklore.
5. Kyoto Samurai Experience - As you’ve seen in last week’s video, begin to understand the way of the warrior through samurai training.
6. Imperial Palace - Within Kyoto’s Central Park, is the Imperial Palace. Its a massive campus with pristine gardens and lots of room to do royal things.
7. Kinkaku-ji - “the Golden Pavilion” another expansive grounds centered around this lavish zen buddhist temple.
8. Heian Shrine - a beautiful Shinto shrine.
9. Gion District - Perhaps the most popular thing to do in Kyoto. This is where you can spot the famous geishas heading to and from appointments. Watch the sunset next to the Yasaka Pagoda.
Bonus: Find a great Shabu Shabu restaurant.
10. Karaoke - Finish the day at a Japanese Karaoke spot where you pay by the hour to sing and party!
In my personal opinion, these are the best things to do in Kyoto.
SUBSCRIBE ► http://bit.ly/TravelDeeper
+ INSTAGRAM ►https://www.instagram.com/tourist2townie
+ FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/tourist2townie
+ TWITTER ► https://twitter.com/tourist2townie
+ SNAPCHAT ►@GarethChat
+ WEB ► http://www.tourist2townie.com
MY TRAVEL VLOGGING GEAR:
- MacBook Pro 15” → http://amzn.to/2g9K6j3
- LaCie Rugged External Hard Drive → http://amzn.to/2fkojHR
- Sony a7ii → http://amzn.to/2gCeBDj
- Sony a7ii 24-70 Lens → http://amzn.to/2fhWexs
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone → http://amzn.to/2g9ALI4
- GoPro Hero 4 → http://amzn.to/2gvfJYI
- KNEKT Underwater Dome → http://amzn.to/2gez11u
- Rode Shotgun Mic → http://amzn.to/2gvg5yg
- Manfrotto 60” Compact Action Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gducpn
- Joby Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gdo6FA
- Zoom H2n Handy Recorder → http://amzn.to/2gdmKuE
- Backup Batteries for Sony A7ii → http://amzn.to/2fhYchl
- Backup Batteries for Sony RX100iv → http://amzn.to/2gvbqfO
P.S. Did you subscribe? If so, did you click on the notifications bell to receive updates when I launch a new video? If so, thank you!
10 Best Things To Do In Kyoto